Making sense of my ideas
Feelings of comfort, peace, tranquility, relaxation
I am quite interested in this idea, as it is one that I began to explore in painting in first year. It mainly relates to the beach, because that is one of the places that I find very beautiful, peaceful and relaxing. I like to go there, or think of the beach when im really stressed out etc. However, though the beach is very nice, the ocean is very powerful and its something that I respect and am sometimes in fear of. In a way it reflects my relationship with god, he is the beautiful one that I go to for peace when I’m overwhelmed, yet he holds great power and I am in both in awe of and in fear of his power. I love the beach when its hot and busy in summer and im with my friends and having fun, but I also love it when its cold and isolated and im alone to reflect and ask questions. New Zealand beaches are very beautiful and so natural and reflect the hands of an awesome creator. The colours of the beach are so calming..earth and sandy tones and blues and greens. When I explored the peacefulness of the beach in painting I produced images that were very soft and harmonious in colour, just using different temperatures of the colour blue. They were very big and wide, showing heaps of space and no figures in it, very isolated. The sand, sea, sky and bush were defined by lines and different tones of a colour. I am very interested in the symbolism and the emotions colours carry. My influences were Robin white, David Hockney and Hunderwasser. When I think about comfort I also think about physical objects such as couches and beds and cushions etc, things designed to make us feel comfortable and relaxed. It would be interested to place these kind of things in the surroundings of the beach to portray, in my opinion, the ultimate feeling of comfort, peace, tranquility and relaxation.
If I am to continue exploring this idea I would to it the same way aesthetically using harmonious colour and tonal separations of the colour blue. I would probably use the medium of woodblock to produce simple images of flat colour.
Ideas of Identity and distance.
Last year in printmaking I explored ideas of national identity and ethnicity. It was personal to myself and explored my dual ethnicity/identity of being both Dutch and a New Zealander. I used iconic imagery of both New Zealand and the Netherlands, namely ferns, jandals, tulips, windmills etc and played with ways of combining these. I produced mainly woodcuts and photopolymer etchings. My artist models were mainly Robin white and Rodney Fumpston. Towards the end of the project I started playing with ideas of distance. Distance physically – the ocean separates the two countries, they are basically on the opposite sides of the world, they couldn’t be further apart – relating this to the distance I felt inside me regarding my identity or ethnicity or whatever you call it. honestly these two cultures couldnt feel more far apart for me.
I have grown up in New Zealand all of my life, and i love it there. It is a beautiful place, and up to about 3 years ago i had no desire to leave the place, no desire to travel, i would have been content to spend the rest of my life in the same place. But there is no denying that im half dutch. most people think im 'foreign' because of my blonde hair and facial features anyway, which is odd because i think that comes from my fathers side rather than my mums side. My mother has the darkest thickest hair ever and really olive skin, we couldnt look less alike. My mother, after thirty years of living in New Zealand still has a very very strong accent and still cant pronounce her 'th's....i too stuggle with this. My mothers best friends are dutch too so really its around me all the time. i recognise the language though i cant speak it apart from one dutch song. But i have pushed it aside my whole life, i was quite content to tick myself off as pakeha(white pig) in the ethnicity box.
It is only within the past few years however that i have got the travel bug. My parents forced me on a plane to australia when i was eighteen to meet my grandmother (the only grandparent i have met..the others have passed away) and to help overcome my fear of aeroplanes. But there is distance there, i do not feel close to my grandmother at all having met her only once, to me she is just an old lady. which is sad but true. How can you expect to feel connected to family when you spend no time with them? I also travelled to thailand at the end of my last year of highschool for a short term missions trip. This was the trip of my lifetime and totally 'opened my eyes' to the world, to another culture, another way of living, a taste of an entire world out there to explore, and it opened my eyes to how isolated New Zealand is, it truly is at the end of the earth.
It is only within the past few years i have begun to feel this inner connection with the dutch and this desire to explore my dutch identity or my mothers roots in a way, and i guess art was the easiest way to express what i was feeling. I cant explain it but there was this desire to feel an actual connection to it, to understand what the dutch culture is all about. Partly it may be the isolation i feel living in New Zealand. Isolation from the idea of family. We have no other family in New Zealand, no one to spend christmas with or celebrate birthdays with. My dad has one brother who lives in aussie, who has one daughter. so i have one cousin on that side..oh and theres grandma there as well.But boy, my mother has five sisters and a brother and they all live in holland. I have so many cousins that i hadnt met. When i saw in the Otago handbook in first year that there was an oppurtunity to go on exchange to utrecht i jumped at it, and have secretly held on to the dream since, giving it up to god and knowing that i would be going when the right time came.
The right time did come, and god remained faithful to his promise. Currently i am in utrecht studying for one semester. I have been in holland a month now, and it has already been an awesome experience. The first week here i was able to spend time meeting some members of my mothers family. It was great to meet them and funny to see that everyone looks alike. It was most funny meeting my mothers identical twin sister who is alike my mother in habits as well as looks. The crazy thing is that though i know they are family and we are related by blood, i still feel this distance between us because i do not know them well, and like i say you need to spend time with someone to get to know them. I have learnt many things about myself and about the dutch so far, and i look forward to what i will learn in the remainder of my time here.
If I am to carry on with this sort of concept i expect i will use alot of imagery that is 'dutch'. Taking photos and documenting everything that i find. tulips, windmills, clogs, cheese, bicycles, canals, you name it i think ive seen it already. I imagine the work would be very documentary and exploratory. Printing what i find in a way, and writing my feelings towards a particular object or experience?? Maybe further explore the idea of isolation. yes i felt isolated in New Zealand, but boy do i feel isolated here as well...and homesick as well. Holland couldnt be more different to New Zealand! I have this habit of comparing everything to New Zealand. Maybe thats what i could do. continue producing images that compare and contrast all the things between Holland and New Zealand. So in terms of distance again, there is distance physically, distance in my identity topped off with complete distance in the countries...both physically and just in general ways of living.
Ideas of Distance, Travel, migration
These ideas are related to the previous. I mentioned earlier this travel bug that i now have. Its really ironic how i never had the desire to go anywhere, but now i cant stay still. I feel like the first time in my life i actually feel free. I think god has set me free through the oppurtunity to travel. I think he has his reasons for doing it though. Im one of those people who gets too comfortable in one place, and when i get comfortable i stop taking risks and i start relying on myself and other people instead of god who is meant to be my first, my one and my only. But its great, because i have found that everytime i go to a new place by myself, i learn to be independant again and i learn to trust god and seek him first in all that i do. And so i feel this sense of freedom in being independant, in moving, travelling, exploring new things, meeting new people and making the most of oppurtunities that are set before me. Im loving this change in me. And so id like to use art as a way of expressing this change, and of documenting what i explore, the places that i go, the people that i meet because it excites me and is important to me at the moment.
In relation to the idea of travel is the idea of migration. Migration meaning the movement of one country or locality to another. This idea of migration can be also related to the links between Holland and New Zealand. Abel Tasman, a Dutchman was the first to sight New Zealand in 1642. There are many dutch migrants in New Zealand, as there was an agreement in the 50s that saw many settle in New Zealand. Apparently about 100, 000 New Zealanders can claim dutch descent. Isnt that interesting?? When i think of symbols for the idea of migration i think of both birds and fish because they both migrate from region to region for either feeding or breeding. When thinking about the idea of migration i also link it to the idea of distance . because the dutch had a flippin long way to travel to get to New Zealand. and they all came by boat didnt they? it would have taken forever. Thank goodness we have planes these days, otherwise i wouldnt have come here. On that note boats are a symbol of migration too and because they are on the sea they link to migrating fish. But planes on the other hand are a symbol of modern travel. Jet travel was one of the best inventions i reckon. It took me 24 hours to get over here to holland on an aeroplane, thats pretty darn quick when you think about it. Planes have opened up so much oppurtunity in the travel and tourism world. Im very thankful for that. I link planes to birds because they both fly. Aeroplanes are like the mechanical bird, man achieving his dream to fly.
If i am to use this idea in art. i imagine it could all combine into the ideas of distance. I imagine works that are very very very wide. something iconic of holland one one side...something iconic of New Zealand on the other. And in the middle is a vast vast ocean seperating the two. and on that ocean is a boat and or/fish in the sea..and in the sky a plane and or/migrating birds...or any combination?
Ideas of Freedom in flight, in travel, in movement
I am very interested in the idea of freedom. As i was mentioning before i appear to be feeling physically free for the first in a long time, and i discussed the reasons why travelling frees me. And i talked a little about aeroplanes and the oppurtunities they opened up for the freedom to travel and explore every corner of the world. in particular i am interested ties between freedom and movement...the freedom to move. Things like exercise are great and i love watching people dance in different ways because people push their bodies to the limits and are free to move in any way that they want. and i love that idea. I love ballet dancers because they are very graceful and remind me of birds. When i think of the idea of freedom i think of birds, in particular eagles. Birds are very symbolic of freedom because they are in the air..they arent restricted to the ground and they can flap their wings and go anywhere they want. Wasnt it every young persons dream to be able to spread their wings and fly away? Thats why i think the aeroplane is so symbolic. there are other attempts of man to be able to fly or be in the air...parachutes, hot air balloons, hang gliders etc..oh and trapeze artists....but the aeroplane tops it off. Like i said..a mechanical bird. i like the idea of birds morphing into planes.
Personally, the eagle is very symbolic of freedom for me. That is because in biblical terms the eagle is symbolic of christs accension, and also associated with ideas of light and with baptism. It symbolises freedom for me because it is only by christ dying and rising again (baptism being symbolic of this) that i am cleansed of my sins and have truly been set free and can experience freedom. It is not on our own strength. I have ideas of images of people running about leaping and trying to fly and not suceeding, and with eagles in the air ...perhaps with strings attached to the people helping them out...sort of showing our insignificance and that we cant do much on our own strength.
Freedom in its basic form meaning choice without restriction...can mean alot of different things to different people. people experience freedom in different ways, have different ideas of what it means...some never experience it at all, for some people it is just a dream.
Dreaming of freedom?Freedom of dreaming??
For some, freedom is just an out of reach dream...a hope..a flicker of light in the distance that keeps them going. they are bound in chains and may not ever know the feeling...
For others, freedom is just having the space to move in. You dont have to do anything with it, but knowing theres room is freeing in its own way...
For others, freedom is being in a state of complete relaxation, isolation..all is calm, tranquil, you are free to do nothing at all because nothing can disturb you....just you and...?....
Or is freedom to be in complete motion? always moving, always doing, always busy, always achieving, always taking risks and oppurtunities, always achieving...because you are free to do so...
Or is freedom the feeling of accomplishing your dreams, the ones you have for the future...a career maybe...or even better the ones you had as a child...like being a princess...or being able to fly...
Or maybe freedom is simply just being free to dream?
Movement vs stability, land vs sky, air vs earth
The ideas of movement and freedom got me quite interested in the opposite. I seem to be quite interested in juxtapositions, opposites..binaries..whatever you call it. I guess its also because i have had a complete flip around in that i used to be really comfortable just being in New Zealand...no need to move around..satisfied with my feet on the ground. It gave me a sense of security and a sense of home and place and identity and belonging. I guess when you start moving about those ideas get twisted in a way. I just seemed so safe when i was on the land. i was terrified of being out in deep waters or being up in the air. Things like skydiving and parachuting and hot airballoons...and aeroplanes were an absolute no no! I have this really cool photo that i took one summer that is looking down at my feet on a bed of stones. I was wearing birkenstocks. it would have been way better if i was in barefeet but what can you do. Anyway it totally gives me that feeling of being close to the earth..feet on the ground..being one with it. Its exactly those feelings of stability and security and stillness in a way. Another symbol of these ideas are trees. Trees are stuck in one place..rooted in the earth, they have no desire to move. They are strong and solid and stable. In particular oak trees are symbolic, they are old and wise and in the bible represent the righteous. They are a symbol of steady growth and stability. They are robust, strong, do not like change and they keep their feet firmly rooted in the ground..their roots reach deep and they have strong wide reaching branches.
And so this idea of stability totally contrasts with this new found freedom that i have found in movement and travel. I mean, dont get me wrong, its not like im this skittery person who doesnt like to commit to a place. I would love to one day settle down somewhere and call it home. But right now its just not where im at i dont think.It would be interesting to create images that deal with these contrasts of the stability of having your feet on the ground, and the freedom of movement and being in the air.
But its funny though, when i think about it im a binary in myself! Whenever i do any of those personality tests i always find im both of the extremes. For example i would consider myself a structuralist because i like making lists and planning stuff and knowing what im doing...yet on the other hand i love to be free with alot of things, be spontaneous..do things on the spur of the moment, and at the moment i have absolutely no structure with school here and i have flexibility to do whatever i want and im beginning to like it. I would consider myself an extrovert..but lately ive spent alot of time by myself and ive really enjoyed it...so you could call me introverted as well? I make decisions based on my feelings...and others based on logic. I find myself a very interesting person sometimes.
I am quite interested in this idea, as it is one that I began to explore in painting in first year. It mainly relates to the beach, because that is one of the places that I find very beautiful, peaceful and relaxing. I like to go there, or think of the beach when im really stressed out etc. However, though the beach is very nice, the ocean is very powerful and its something that I respect and am sometimes in fear of. In a way it reflects my relationship with god, he is the beautiful one that I go to for peace when I’m overwhelmed, yet he holds great power and I am in both in awe of and in fear of his power. I love the beach when its hot and busy in summer and im with my friends and having fun, but I also love it when its cold and isolated and im alone to reflect and ask questions. New Zealand beaches are very beautiful and so natural and reflect the hands of an awesome creator. The colours of the beach are so calming..earth and sandy tones and blues and greens. When I explored the peacefulness of the beach in painting I produced images that were very soft and harmonious in colour, just using different temperatures of the colour blue. They were very big and wide, showing heaps of space and no figures in it, very isolated. The sand, sea, sky and bush were defined by lines and different tones of a colour. I am very interested in the symbolism and the emotions colours carry. My influences were Robin white, David Hockney and Hunderwasser. When I think about comfort I also think about physical objects such as couches and beds and cushions etc, things designed to make us feel comfortable and relaxed. It would be interested to place these kind of things in the surroundings of the beach to portray, in my opinion, the ultimate feeling of comfort, peace, tranquility and relaxation.
If I am to continue exploring this idea I would to it the same way aesthetically using harmonious colour and tonal separations of the colour blue. I would probably use the medium of woodblock to produce simple images of flat colour.
Ideas of Identity and distance.
Last year in printmaking I explored ideas of national identity and ethnicity. It was personal to myself and explored my dual ethnicity/identity of being both Dutch and a New Zealander. I used iconic imagery of both New Zealand and the Netherlands, namely ferns, jandals, tulips, windmills etc and played with ways of combining these. I produced mainly woodcuts and photopolymer etchings. My artist models were mainly Robin white and Rodney Fumpston. Towards the end of the project I started playing with ideas of distance. Distance physically – the ocean separates the two countries, they are basically on the opposite sides of the world, they couldn’t be further apart – relating this to the distance I felt inside me regarding my identity or ethnicity or whatever you call it. honestly these two cultures couldnt feel more far apart for me.
I have grown up in New Zealand all of my life, and i love it there. It is a beautiful place, and up to about 3 years ago i had no desire to leave the place, no desire to travel, i would have been content to spend the rest of my life in the same place. But there is no denying that im half dutch. most people think im 'foreign' because of my blonde hair and facial features anyway, which is odd because i think that comes from my fathers side rather than my mums side. My mother has the darkest thickest hair ever and really olive skin, we couldnt look less alike. My mother, after thirty years of living in New Zealand still has a very very strong accent and still cant pronounce her 'th's....i too stuggle with this. My mothers best friends are dutch too so really its around me all the time. i recognise the language though i cant speak it apart from one dutch song. But i have pushed it aside my whole life, i was quite content to tick myself off as pakeha(white pig) in the ethnicity box.
It is only within the past few years however that i have got the travel bug. My parents forced me on a plane to australia when i was eighteen to meet my grandmother (the only grandparent i have met..the others have passed away) and to help overcome my fear of aeroplanes. But there is distance there, i do not feel close to my grandmother at all having met her only once, to me she is just an old lady. which is sad but true. How can you expect to feel connected to family when you spend no time with them? I also travelled to thailand at the end of my last year of highschool for a short term missions trip. This was the trip of my lifetime and totally 'opened my eyes' to the world, to another culture, another way of living, a taste of an entire world out there to explore, and it opened my eyes to how isolated New Zealand is, it truly is at the end of the earth.
It is only within the past few years i have begun to feel this inner connection with the dutch and this desire to explore my dutch identity or my mothers roots in a way, and i guess art was the easiest way to express what i was feeling. I cant explain it but there was this desire to feel an actual connection to it, to understand what the dutch culture is all about. Partly it may be the isolation i feel living in New Zealand. Isolation from the idea of family. We have no other family in New Zealand, no one to spend christmas with or celebrate birthdays with. My dad has one brother who lives in aussie, who has one daughter. so i have one cousin on that side..oh and theres grandma there as well.But boy, my mother has five sisters and a brother and they all live in holland. I have so many cousins that i hadnt met. When i saw in the Otago handbook in first year that there was an oppurtunity to go on exchange to utrecht i jumped at it, and have secretly held on to the dream since, giving it up to god and knowing that i would be going when the right time came.
The right time did come, and god remained faithful to his promise. Currently i am in utrecht studying for one semester. I have been in holland a month now, and it has already been an awesome experience. The first week here i was able to spend time meeting some members of my mothers family. It was great to meet them and funny to see that everyone looks alike. It was most funny meeting my mothers identical twin sister who is alike my mother in habits as well as looks. The crazy thing is that though i know they are family and we are related by blood, i still feel this distance between us because i do not know them well, and like i say you need to spend time with someone to get to know them. I have learnt many things about myself and about the dutch so far, and i look forward to what i will learn in the remainder of my time here.
If I am to carry on with this sort of concept i expect i will use alot of imagery that is 'dutch'. Taking photos and documenting everything that i find. tulips, windmills, clogs, cheese, bicycles, canals, you name it i think ive seen it already. I imagine the work would be very documentary and exploratory. Printing what i find in a way, and writing my feelings towards a particular object or experience?? Maybe further explore the idea of isolation. yes i felt isolated in New Zealand, but boy do i feel isolated here as well...and homesick as well. Holland couldnt be more different to New Zealand! I have this habit of comparing everything to New Zealand. Maybe thats what i could do. continue producing images that compare and contrast all the things between Holland and New Zealand. So in terms of distance again, there is distance physically, distance in my identity topped off with complete distance in the countries...both physically and just in general ways of living.
Ideas of Distance, Travel, migration
These ideas are related to the previous. I mentioned earlier this travel bug that i now have. Its really ironic how i never had the desire to go anywhere, but now i cant stay still. I feel like the first time in my life i actually feel free. I think god has set me free through the oppurtunity to travel. I think he has his reasons for doing it though. Im one of those people who gets too comfortable in one place, and when i get comfortable i stop taking risks and i start relying on myself and other people instead of god who is meant to be my first, my one and my only. But its great, because i have found that everytime i go to a new place by myself, i learn to be independant again and i learn to trust god and seek him first in all that i do. And so i feel this sense of freedom in being independant, in moving, travelling, exploring new things, meeting new people and making the most of oppurtunities that are set before me. Im loving this change in me. And so id like to use art as a way of expressing this change, and of documenting what i explore, the places that i go, the people that i meet because it excites me and is important to me at the moment.
In relation to the idea of travel is the idea of migration. Migration meaning the movement of one country or locality to another. This idea of migration can be also related to the links between Holland and New Zealand. Abel Tasman, a Dutchman was the first to sight New Zealand in 1642. There are many dutch migrants in New Zealand, as there was an agreement in the 50s that saw many settle in New Zealand. Apparently about 100, 000 New Zealanders can claim dutch descent. Isnt that interesting?? When i think of symbols for the idea of migration i think of both birds and fish because they both migrate from region to region for either feeding or breeding. When thinking about the idea of migration i also link it to the idea of distance . because the dutch had a flippin long way to travel to get to New Zealand. and they all came by boat didnt they? it would have taken forever. Thank goodness we have planes these days, otherwise i wouldnt have come here. On that note boats are a symbol of migration too and because they are on the sea they link to migrating fish. But planes on the other hand are a symbol of modern travel. Jet travel was one of the best inventions i reckon. It took me 24 hours to get over here to holland on an aeroplane, thats pretty darn quick when you think about it. Planes have opened up so much oppurtunity in the travel and tourism world. Im very thankful for that. I link planes to birds because they both fly. Aeroplanes are like the mechanical bird, man achieving his dream to fly.
If i am to use this idea in art. i imagine it could all combine into the ideas of distance. I imagine works that are very very very wide. something iconic of holland one one side...something iconic of New Zealand on the other. And in the middle is a vast vast ocean seperating the two. and on that ocean is a boat and or/fish in the sea..and in the sky a plane and or/migrating birds...or any combination?
Ideas of Freedom in flight, in travel, in movement
I am very interested in the idea of freedom. As i was mentioning before i appear to be feeling physically free for the first in a long time, and i discussed the reasons why travelling frees me. And i talked a little about aeroplanes and the oppurtunities they opened up for the freedom to travel and explore every corner of the world. in particular i am interested ties between freedom and movement...the freedom to move. Things like exercise are great and i love watching people dance in different ways because people push their bodies to the limits and are free to move in any way that they want. and i love that idea. I love ballet dancers because they are very graceful and remind me of birds. When i think of the idea of freedom i think of birds, in particular eagles. Birds are very symbolic of freedom because they are in the air..they arent restricted to the ground and they can flap their wings and go anywhere they want. Wasnt it every young persons dream to be able to spread their wings and fly away? Thats why i think the aeroplane is so symbolic. there are other attempts of man to be able to fly or be in the air...parachutes, hot air balloons, hang gliders etc..oh and trapeze artists....but the aeroplane tops it off. Like i said..a mechanical bird. i like the idea of birds morphing into planes.
Personally, the eagle is very symbolic of freedom for me. That is because in biblical terms the eagle is symbolic of christs accension, and also associated with ideas of light and with baptism. It symbolises freedom for me because it is only by christ dying and rising again (baptism being symbolic of this) that i am cleansed of my sins and have truly been set free and can experience freedom. It is not on our own strength. I have ideas of images of people running about leaping and trying to fly and not suceeding, and with eagles in the air ...perhaps with strings attached to the people helping them out...sort of showing our insignificance and that we cant do much on our own strength.
Freedom in its basic form meaning choice without restriction...can mean alot of different things to different people. people experience freedom in different ways, have different ideas of what it means...some never experience it at all, for some people it is just a dream.
Dreaming of freedom?Freedom of dreaming??
For some, freedom is just an out of reach dream...a hope..a flicker of light in the distance that keeps them going. they are bound in chains and may not ever know the feeling...
For others, freedom is just having the space to move in. You dont have to do anything with it, but knowing theres room is freeing in its own way...
For others, freedom is being in a state of complete relaxation, isolation..all is calm, tranquil, you are free to do nothing at all because nothing can disturb you....just you and...?....
Or is freedom to be in complete motion? always moving, always doing, always busy, always achieving, always taking risks and oppurtunities, always achieving...because you are free to do so...
Or is freedom the feeling of accomplishing your dreams, the ones you have for the future...a career maybe...or even better the ones you had as a child...like being a princess...or being able to fly...
Or maybe freedom is simply just being free to dream?
Movement vs stability, land vs sky, air vs earth
The ideas of movement and freedom got me quite interested in the opposite. I seem to be quite interested in juxtapositions, opposites..binaries..whatever you call it. I guess its also because i have had a complete flip around in that i used to be really comfortable just being in New Zealand...no need to move around..satisfied with my feet on the ground. It gave me a sense of security and a sense of home and place and identity and belonging. I guess when you start moving about those ideas get twisted in a way. I just seemed so safe when i was on the land. i was terrified of being out in deep waters or being up in the air. Things like skydiving and parachuting and hot airballoons...and aeroplanes were an absolute no no! I have this really cool photo that i took one summer that is looking down at my feet on a bed of stones. I was wearing birkenstocks. it would have been way better if i was in barefeet but what can you do. Anyway it totally gives me that feeling of being close to the earth..feet on the ground..being one with it. Its exactly those feelings of stability and security and stillness in a way. Another symbol of these ideas are trees. Trees are stuck in one place..rooted in the earth, they have no desire to move. They are strong and solid and stable. In particular oak trees are symbolic, they are old and wise and in the bible represent the righteous. They are a symbol of steady growth and stability. They are robust, strong, do not like change and they keep their feet firmly rooted in the ground..their roots reach deep and they have strong wide reaching branches.
And so this idea of stability totally contrasts with this new found freedom that i have found in movement and travel. I mean, dont get me wrong, its not like im this skittery person who doesnt like to commit to a place. I would love to one day settle down somewhere and call it home. But right now its just not where im at i dont think.It would be interesting to create images that deal with these contrasts of the stability of having your feet on the ground, and the freedom of movement and being in the air.
But its funny though, when i think about it im a binary in myself! Whenever i do any of those personality tests i always find im both of the extremes. For example i would consider myself a structuralist because i like making lists and planning stuff and knowing what im doing...yet on the other hand i love to be free with alot of things, be spontaneous..do things on the spur of the moment, and at the moment i have absolutely no structure with school here and i have flexibility to do whatever i want and im beginning to like it. I would consider myself an extrovert..but lately ive spent alot of time by myself and ive really enjoyed it...so you could call me introverted as well? I make decisions based on my feelings...and others based on logic. I find myself a very interesting person sometimes.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home