Initial Drawings
Here are some of the drawings which i have been making over the past few weeks. I have just been gathering images which i think i might use when i do make my prints. Symbolic subject matter like migrating birds, and in particular eagles, oak trees, aeroplanes, parachutes and hot air balloons.
I like birds because they are symbolic of migration, travel and freedom. Eagles are symbolic of freedom too, in particular the freedom found in christ. Oak trees are a symbol of stability. Jetplanes are a symbol of modern travel...freedom in movement around the world. And parachutes and hot air balloons im really interested in. They are some of those activities people do to get some 'air'..be in the sky, feet off the earth...the closest thing to flying...kind of. All these things seem to be mans attempt to copy birds...especially the jet plane. Thats one giant human made bird in my eyes. I started playing a little with morphing birds into jet planes, inspired by MC Escher.



I like birds because they are symbolic of migration, travel and freedom. Eagles are symbolic of freedom too, in particular the freedom found in christ. Oak trees are a symbol of stability. Jetplanes are a symbol of modern travel...freedom in movement around the world. And parachutes and hot air balloons im really interested in. They are some of those activities people do to get some 'air'..be in the sky, feet off the earth...the closest thing to flying...kind of. All these things seem to be mans attempt to copy birds...especially the jet plane. Thats one giant human made bird in my eyes. I started playing a little with morphing birds into jet planes, inspired by MC Escher.






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home