Printing.....
My aim over the past week or so has been to keep printing and experimenting with my photopolymer plates and see how much I get time. While the prints are a series, I fully consider them each an experiment in their own right, and do not believe to be finished. If I had more time I would have liked to continue experimenting with these plates, playing with different colours and combinations of layers, and even more layers in a print. For this series I played with yellows, oranges and reds - colours I believe are very busy colours, and have a lot of energy to them. These prints have at least three layers, as well as a layer of text. The text are bits from my diary that i wrote while I was overseas - mostly related to transport and busy schedules and times I felt stressed out while travelling.I am very pleased with them and think that i am beginning to get the type of image I originally had in my head. Im really pleased with how the plates turned out, and have become very attached to the photopolymer process. I believe I will continue with this process next year.






Photopolymer Plates -'Home' series
I also consider this series individual experiments, especially as they differ, and I had to use them to experiment with getting the right colour and background that I was after. For these prints I experimented with light blues and greens - colours I associate with being natural, calm and harmonious - a huge contrast to bright reds and yellows. For these I kept them simple, with minimal layers and text - a fern background with a landscape over the top, and text here and there. I am pleased with these, but would like to continue experimenting with these, and see what it would have looked like with a more fluid monotype background. Hopefully next year I will be able to begin experimenting with where I left off this year.






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home