Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Making Photopolymer plates

I've been working on creating my photopolymer plates over the past month or so, it has taken a while because there were a few issues with there not being any photopolymer for over a week or so. But i have finally completed them. There are 14 plates in total - 7 for the 'away' prints and 7 for the 'home' prints.

Today I began to print some of them, to see how well they hold the ink. I have started printing the NZ plates. They take so long to ink up, so i will have to be pretty on target If i want to get them all done well.

The plates seem to be holding the ink quite well, which is pleasing. Ive found it works best to leave quite a good amount of ink on the plate, and then spend the rest of the time wiping it off with cloths and cotton buds. It is very time consuming.

I am not very pleased with the colours i have used. They need to be a lot lighter, and less contrast between the monotype and image. I aim to experiment with some more fluid monotypes, and have the image a similar tone. However I am pleased with how the images have turned out.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home