My personal colour symbolism
Colour. Colour is great. Colour is fun. I like colour.
BLUE
sky, sea, water, ice, winter, rain, calming, relaxing, tranquil, quiet, peaceful, healing, serene, cool, fresh, soothing, reflective, spiritual, clean, harmony, unity, stillness, creative, isolation, freeing.
Blue is my favourite colour, always has been. I don’t wear a lot of blue but I used to. I love it because its so calming and peaceful and those are the feelings im after when im highly stressed out or busy or something. Blue reminds me of the sea and the sky, of vastness and as a highly spiritual colour for me, because when I look at the sea and the sky I see huge wide open spaces which remind me just how huge my creator is.
GREEN
grass, trees, apples, vegetables, plants, forests, spring, go symbol, life, growth, fresh, alive, harmony, peaceful, balance, movement, spiritual, isolation, health.creation,
I really like green. Its fun and funky and fresh. Im beginning to wear a lot of green because it’s a comfortable colour. Green is also a very spiritual colour for me because it reminds me of growth and of nature, and I really connect with god through looking at his creation
YELLOW
sun, light, heat, summer,spring, sand, daffodils,dandelions, buttercups, butter, lemons, bananas, bright, happy, friendly, outgoing, energetic, active, creative, confident, extroverted, busy, joy, optimistic,
I like yellow because it’s a happy colour and reminds me of good times in the summer. I don’t wear it though because its too bright and too bold and it doesn’t suit me.
RED
blood, heat, fire, stop sign, blood of Christ, wounds, meat, bright, alertness, alarming, danger, anger, energy, outgoing, bold, implusive, confident, powerful, violent, sensual, aggressive, movement, speed, passion
Im always in two minds about the colour red. I either like it or I hate it. Its positives are that it’s the colour of love and passion and romance and it’s the colour of blood, which is a symbol of my faith. Jesus shed his blood for me. But then Red is also such an angry colour, associated with all the crap in the world, hate and violence and wards and stuff. I do wear red..but only now and again as I easily get sick of it, and it makes my face look red.
PURPLE
gay colour, lavender, velvet, sensous, feminine, love, creative, sensitive, pretty, confident, luxurious, mysterious,
I never think much about the colour purple. Its just one of those colours that is not of much interest to me. I don’t wear purple at all. Its too feminine and pretty for me.
ORANGE
Citrus, orange, grapefruit, fire, heat, warmth, summer, happy, confident, bright, cheerful, energetic, lively, humorous, active,fun, playful,
The colour orange is cool. Its lively and bright and confident and makes me feel happy. I don’t wear much orange though. Very rarely. It’s a very bold colour so id have to wear it very rarely.
PINK
roses, flowers, perfume, young girls toys, Barbie, flesh, love, feminine, pretty, nurturing, soothing,
Im beginning to like the colour pink more. I used to hate it because it was such a girly colour and I just wasn’t a really girly girl. But now im beginning to like it more. Its really feminine and special and makes me feel good. I don’t wear much pink though, if I do its usually quite a bright pink, im not into soft powdery pinks at all.
GREY
winter, fog, concrete, old people, boredom, still, unflattering, depressed, stability, time, aging, smoke,
I don’t think much of the colour grey. For me it mostly has negative connotations to do with boredom, and dullness and bleak cold winters. I don’t really wear grey at all.
BROWN
dirt, mud, chocolate, poos, autumn, nature, earth, ground, dirty, dry, old, dull, rich, heavy, solid, plain, boring, homely, wood
I actually really like the colour brown. I think its because it suits me and I tend to wear a lot of it. Its very natural and earthy and homely, and comes in so many differerent shades.
WHITE
Fresh, snow, winter, cold, sterile, peace, purity, hygienic, clarity, healing, light, simple, clean, goodness, spacious, innocence, weddings,
White. I love white! Its so clean and fresh and crisp and very very spiritual. White is a peaceful colour and for me it symbolizes faith and god and purity and all things good. I like to wear a lot of white because it makes me feel really clean and light.
BLACK
Darkness, night, evil, bold, death, oppressive, authority, void, dramatic, claustrophobic, sophisticated, glamour, havy, formal, gloom, mysterious
Im also in two minds about the colour black. One one hand it’s a very dark, evil colour associated with the night and rather horrible things. But on the other hand I think it’s a very glamourous, formal, sophisticated colour. I like to wear a lot of black. I don’t know why, I just like it. Its rather slimming.
Well, looking at that. It appears that the colours blue, green, brown, white and black. They are simple colours, more calming than energetic. I like that though. Simple is effective and in some ways says more than really bright busy colours.
BLUE
sky, sea, water, ice, winter, rain, calming, relaxing, tranquil, quiet, peaceful, healing, serene, cool, fresh, soothing, reflective, spiritual, clean, harmony, unity, stillness, creative, isolation, freeing.
Blue is my favourite colour, always has been. I don’t wear a lot of blue but I used to. I love it because its so calming and peaceful and those are the feelings im after when im highly stressed out or busy or something. Blue reminds me of the sea and the sky, of vastness and as a highly spiritual colour for me, because when I look at the sea and the sky I see huge wide open spaces which remind me just how huge my creator is.
GREEN
grass, trees, apples, vegetables, plants, forests, spring, go symbol, life, growth, fresh, alive, harmony, peaceful, balance, movement, spiritual, isolation, health.creation,
I really like green. Its fun and funky and fresh. Im beginning to wear a lot of green because it’s a comfortable colour. Green is also a very spiritual colour for me because it reminds me of growth and of nature, and I really connect with god through looking at his creation
YELLOW
sun, light, heat, summer,spring, sand, daffodils,dandelions, buttercups, butter, lemons, bananas, bright, happy, friendly, outgoing, energetic, active, creative, confident, extroverted, busy, joy, optimistic,
I like yellow because it’s a happy colour and reminds me of good times in the summer. I don’t wear it though because its too bright and too bold and it doesn’t suit me.
RED
blood, heat, fire, stop sign, blood of Christ, wounds, meat, bright, alertness, alarming, danger, anger, energy, outgoing, bold, implusive, confident, powerful, violent, sensual, aggressive, movement, speed, passion
Im always in two minds about the colour red. I either like it or I hate it. Its positives are that it’s the colour of love and passion and romance and it’s the colour of blood, which is a symbol of my faith. Jesus shed his blood for me. But then Red is also such an angry colour, associated with all the crap in the world, hate and violence and wards and stuff. I do wear red..but only now and again as I easily get sick of it, and it makes my face look red.
PURPLE
gay colour, lavender, velvet, sensous, feminine, love, creative, sensitive, pretty, confident, luxurious, mysterious,
I never think much about the colour purple. Its just one of those colours that is not of much interest to me. I don’t wear purple at all. Its too feminine and pretty for me.
ORANGE
Citrus, orange, grapefruit, fire, heat, warmth, summer, happy, confident, bright, cheerful, energetic, lively, humorous, active,fun, playful,
The colour orange is cool. Its lively and bright and confident and makes me feel happy. I don’t wear much orange though. Very rarely. It’s a very bold colour so id have to wear it very rarely.
PINK
roses, flowers, perfume, young girls toys, Barbie, flesh, love, feminine, pretty, nurturing, soothing,
Im beginning to like the colour pink more. I used to hate it because it was such a girly colour and I just wasn’t a really girly girl. But now im beginning to like it more. Its really feminine and special and makes me feel good. I don’t wear much pink though, if I do its usually quite a bright pink, im not into soft powdery pinks at all.
GREY
winter, fog, concrete, old people, boredom, still, unflattering, depressed, stability, time, aging, smoke,
I don’t think much of the colour grey. For me it mostly has negative connotations to do with boredom, and dullness and bleak cold winters. I don’t really wear grey at all.
BROWN
dirt, mud, chocolate, poos, autumn, nature, earth, ground, dirty, dry, old, dull, rich, heavy, solid, plain, boring, homely, wood
I actually really like the colour brown. I think its because it suits me and I tend to wear a lot of it. Its very natural and earthy and homely, and comes in so many differerent shades.
WHITE
Fresh, snow, winter, cold, sterile, peace, purity, hygienic, clarity, healing, light, simple, clean, goodness, spacious, innocence, weddings,
White. I love white! Its so clean and fresh and crisp and very very spiritual. White is a peaceful colour and for me it symbolizes faith and god and purity and all things good. I like to wear a lot of white because it makes me feel really clean and light.
BLACK
Darkness, night, evil, bold, death, oppressive, authority, void, dramatic, claustrophobic, sophisticated, glamour, havy, formal, gloom, mysterious
Im also in two minds about the colour black. One one hand it’s a very dark, evil colour associated with the night and rather horrible things. But on the other hand I think it’s a very glamourous, formal, sophisticated colour. I like to wear a lot of black. I don’t know why, I just like it. Its rather slimming.
Well, looking at that. It appears that the colours blue, green, brown, white and black. They are simple colours, more calming than energetic. I like that though. Simple is effective and in some ways says more than really bright busy colours.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home