Photo transfer experiments


Today I attempted to make some phototransfers. Im wanting to experiment with different photographic printmaking techniques. I thought if I made some transfers of photos on to some better quality paper then I could also draw and paint into them. Im wanting to combine photographic elements with more gestural marks – possibly through monotype or through paint. My experiments were not effective at all. You can hardly see the image at all, just a faint one. Maybe the photocopier was out of ink. It is an interesting effect, but not what im after right now. Hopefully when i get back to NZ i can play more with this technique.So I think that instead I will just play with collage and glue some photocopies onto card and then paint into that. I found out today that they have photopolymer film available so this is good. I think I will make some more photopolymer plates the easier way, because the screenprinting way is too time consuming.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home