More monotype experiments...
I did however, experiment with a few more monotypes. Probably the last that i will do while im here, because i have gathered a stack which i need to start drawing into. What i did, was make a wash of white paint, and dribble it in loose gestural cloud like dribbles. I didnt know quite how the paint would sit over the ink, but it didnt turn out too bad. Here are the results:
The three above, i used previous monotypes i had made by pressing the paper into the ink block, I also think that i had painted over them with turps/ink again. Cant quite remember. I think they look cool though, random cloud like patterns.

This above experiment, i used one of the monotypes i had made using a ink/turps and water combination. The white paint didnt make a huge difference at all.

This next one i used white pastel to make some light cloud like marks, and then used the white paint wash over that also. Kind of cool too, but still i dont think that any of these experiments that i have done using paint compare to all the ones i did using the ink/turps and water combinations. They have worked the best by far, so later i intend to make some much larger.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home