Saturday, November 04, 2006

Summary

This week has been very hectic, trying to print my plates, finish workbook, clear out studio as well as finish my essay and drawing project.

I see this year as having been a very exciting and important one for me. I feel like I have achieved a lot, and fitted heaps into this year - it has almost been stretched out into two. A significant time was the semester that I spent studying in Utrecht. While at times I found it very frustrating, I learnt alot in terms of being completely independant and having to seek self motivation and inspiration for yourself, instead of everything being force fed to you. Also, a lot of my travels have inspired my work and themes that I believe I will carry on with into my fourth year. This semester has been exciting, its been great to work around other students again, and have 24/7 access to print studio, as well as having drawing projects and essays to also keep me busy. Though it took a while to get back into routine after a huge mid year break. I have really enjoyed printing in photopolymer, and have grown very attached to it - i feel like im starting to produce some pretty good results, and I believe I will focus on this process next year. Along with monotype, It satisfies my interest in photography, painting and printmaking, and also my need to be structured in my printmaking, but also spontaneous. The only thing is that I feel like i have not 'produced' as many prints as other students, but i am satisfied with what I have achieved this year. Im excited about next year, i hope to pick up from where I have left off this year, but also spend some time over the summer break preparing and drawing and planning so that when I return next year I will know what im doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home