Photopolymer Experiments with Colour
Today I made some experiments using colour which I really enjoyed. I played with different combinations – mainly just reds/oranges and blues/greens because that is the colour palette I am most intrigued by at the moment. I made the prints by inking them, then rolling a transparent coloured background across the surface. Colour is just so much more effective than black and white. The prints that I am most pleased with are the red/orange ones because they look so violent. The green/blue combination is too calm and too slow moving. I also made a lot with red/orange figures against blue/green backgrounds which are really strong. I think this is going to be a good colour combination to explore for my project. I also printed some drypoints of birds in blue tones so that tomorrow I can play with layering the photopolymers on top of that.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home